Between September 16-18, Startup Moldova organized at Vadul lui Voda Techstars Startup Weekend Chisinau 2022 which gathered over 50 participants: students, researchers, programmers and entrepreneurs from Chisinau and the regions, animated by innovation and technological progress.
The event brought together motivational speakers such as Simone Demelas – the director and founder of Boost Italy, Alex Goroveanu – the founder of Questo, Emil Chichioi – the founder of Bloomcoding.
9 teams were formed, guided during the event by 8 local and international mentors – experts in various fields. Among them are:
⭐️Arcadie Albul, Deputy-Governor of the National Bank of Moldova;
⭐️ Roman Arcea, Senior Product Manager at Google;
⭐️ Elena Armașu, Executive Manager at Bayer;
⭐️ Traian Chivriga, Partner at XY Partners;
⭐️ Rosen Dimov, Assoc Prof, PhD, Innovation Expert at the EC;
⭐️ Gennadii Ganebnyi, FusionWorks Founder;
⭐️ Phillip M. Sparks, Founder at iCanDo52, Dubai;
⭐️ Serge Zanoaga, Screenwriter, Film Director & Producer.
All the teams put in a huge amount of work to pitch their idea to a panel of judges on Sunday evening 18th September. The members of the jury were:
- Olga Tapordei – Business Trainer, Marketing and Personal Branding Expert;
- Andrey Aydov – Business Angel, Executive Director at QSystems;
- Vladimir Balaban – Business Angel, Co-founder at Comsales Group;
- Jiri Kottas – Administrator of Premier Energy;
- Sergiu Plăcinta – Director at Orange Systems;
- Tudor Darie – Co-founder of Fagura.
“Such events come to train the future founders of startups from Moldova and instill in them the courage to soar into a real adventure of founding a startup. Some, in turn, will understand that the world of technology business is not for them and would like to choose another path, but this aspect is also important to find out as early as possible. We at Startup Moldova want to consolidate and grow the ecosystem, because Moldova has enormous technological talent. It just needs to be motivated and equipped with the necessary resources for creation and innovation!” said the executive director of the Startup Moldova Foundation, Natalia Bejan.
The winners of this year’s edition were:
- Parktronic – an application that suggests free parking spaces for drivers in Chisinau with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Aidly – a platform designed to facilitate the connection between psychotherapists and patients in the country, ensuring the safety and privacy of users.
- Hippocrates Monitor – an application that allows the user’s medical parameters to be stored, providing statistical analysis of the results of medical tests and suggestions for a healthier life.
This year’s edition was the 12th and proved to be a special one. We would like to thank the sponsors of the event: Orange Systems and Premier Energy, and the partners: EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul, a project financed by the European Union in partnership with Sweden and implemented by ATIC, the UTM Project: Night of European Researchers and Diez.md, without which the organization would not have been possible.
You can watch the final team presentations here: