Startup Moldova Foundation aims at developing the Moldovan Tech Startup Ecosystem.
The purpose of this component is to ensure the encouragement of the entrepreneurship community and the development of technology startups and products. Startup Moldova will be built upon the success of fellow programs that happened in other countries. The best example is Startup Chile. The program launched in 2010 and accelerated more than 1600 startups with a combined 2018 valuation at $1.4 billion. Startup Moldova will seek to emulate the results of Startup Chile and significantly boost the number of successful startups incubated and accelerated in Moldova. Apart from delivering value to the ICT industry, startups have a direct impact on the cities. Employment opportunities for youth increase and new employment patterns arise. Entrepreneurship will also give local youth new opportunities to pursue and retain talent in the country.
ATIC is creating a dedicated Foundation to advance the development of tech startups and related programs. The Foundation is created based on the following assumptions:
- a) the information and communication technology sector (hereinafter – “ICT”) is growing steadily and needs a favorable ecosystem for the development and promotion of innovative startups;
- b) the ICT sector is the catalyst factor for building a competitive economy at a regional and global level and for enhancing the development of information technologies;
- c) the capacities of startups and in general, of companies in the field of ICT have a transformative impact on society, but especially in the field of digital innovations;
- d) in order to strengthen the ICT sector, it is necessary to diversify and multiply the support and promotion mechanisms, in order to offer companies in this field real chances of promotion, growth, and development.
The main objectives of the Foundation are:
- a) to contribute to the development of the profile and image of the ICT startup industry both on the internal and external market;
- b) to create digital laboratories at a local and national level for startups;
- c) to contribute to the development of the ecosystem for digital innovation in the Republic of Moldova;
- d) to increase investments in startups in the ICT sector, based on information technology products;
- e) to contribute to the creation of mechanisms for fundraising and financing of initiatives and projects for the development of innovations and newly established ICT-based businesses;
- f) to strengthen the ecosystem of ICT startups in the Republic of Moldova by connecting to international initiatives and networks that promote investments in technology startups, Business Angels networks, and the like;
- g) to support the expansion of local startups and to ensure their promotion at the international level;
- h) to promote the positive image of technological startups at the national and international level;
- i) to facilitate the relations between investors and startups that develop technological products,
- j) to achieve any other objectives related or that may result from the fulfillment of the statutory purposes
Job Title: Executive Director
- Five or more years senior management or successful entrepreneurial experience
- Proven understanding of non-profit governance and specific challenges would be a plus
- Deep understanding of the technology sector in Moldova or similar countries; exposure to the start-up / micro-companies’ environment would be a plus
- Up-to-speed and genuinely curious about the latest developments in technology and related business models
- Active experience in fundraising through grants, donations, sponsorships, or business development, in general
- Broad managerial skills including financial, people, and project management
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with an innovative approach to planning, program management, and stakeholder engagement
- Excellent communication and networking skills with proven exposure to various stakeholders in a business, public sector, educational institutions or civil society; advocacy experience would be a plus
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Flexibility and adaptability, familiar with agile and new ways of working
- Works closely with the board of directors and committees, informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect the organization
- Participates in the development of the long-term strategy and value proposition of the organization, including by providing a relevant analysis (internal and external) to the governance bodies of the organization
- Oversees the daily operations of the organization, providing executive direction of all program strategy, fundraising, compliance, quality assurance, and program efficiency while ensuring the organization’s financial sustainability
- Attracts funding through creative approaches, including traditional fundraising and donor engagement, contributes to the writing and securing of grants from charitable foundations, pursuing corporate sponsorship, public partnership, social enterprise models, special events, etc.
- Represents the organization in front of all stakeholders: governance structures, donors, government, beneficiaries of programs, including by being the spokesperson in events and mass-media
- Attracts, motivates, and retains talent to support the implementation of the strategy.
Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by February 28, 2021 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/Executive Director.