Startup Moldova Foundation aims at developing the Moldovan Tech Startup Ecosystem.
The purpose of this component is to ensure the encouragement of the entrepreneurship community and the development of technology startups and products. Startup Moldova will be built upon the success of fellow programs that happened in other countries. The best example is Startup Chile. The program launched in 2010 and accelerated more than 1600 startups with a combined 2018 valuation at $1.4 billion. Startup Moldova will seek to emulate the results of Startup Chile and significantly boost the number of successful startups incubated and accelerated in Moldova. Apart from delivering value to the ICT industry, startups have a direct impact on the cities. Employment opportunities for youth increase and new employment patterns arise. Entrepreneurship will also give local youth new opportunities to pursue and retain talent in the country.
ATIC is creating a dedicated Foundation to advance the development of tech startups and related programs. The Foundation is created based on the following assumptions:
- a) the information and communication technology sector (hereinafter – „ICT”) is growing steadily and needs a favorable ecosystem for the development and promotion of innovative startups;
- b) the ICT sector is the catalyst factor for building a competitive economy at a regional and global level and for enhancing the development of information technologies;
- c) the capacities of startups and in general, of companies in the field of ICT have a transformative impact on society, but especially in the field of digital innovations;
- d) in order to strengthen the ICT sector, it is necessary to diversify and multiply the support and promotion mechanisms, in order to offer companies in this field real chances of promotion, growth, and development.
The main objectives of the Foundation are:
- a) to contribute to the development of the profile and image of the ICT startup industry both on the internal and external market;
- b) to create digital laboratories at a local and national level for startups;
- c) to contribute to the development of the ecosystem for digital innovation in the Republic of Moldova;
- d) to increase investments in startups in the ICT sector, based on information technology products;
- e) to contribute to the creation of mechanisms for fundraising and financing of initiatives and projects for the development of innovations and newly established ICT-based businesses;
- f) to strengthen the ecosystem of ICT startups in the Republic of Moldova by connecting to international initiatives and networks that promote investments in technology startups, Business Angels networks, and the like;
- g) to support the expansion of local startups and to ensure their promotion at the international level;
- h) to promote the positive image of technological startups at the national and international level;
- i) to facilitate the relations between investors and startups that develop technological products,
- j) to achieve any other objectives related or that may result from the fulfillment of the statutory purposes
Job Title: Business Development and Fundraising Director
- Five or more years management or successful entrepreneurial experience in business development, marketing, and/or PR
- Strong fundraising or B2B business development background, with exposure to diverse sales / fund-raising channels and target groups; experience in development of an individual donor program including donor marketing is an advantage
- Experience in utilizing the strength of an organization brand for charity/business development
- Understanding of the technology sector in Moldova and the start-up / micro-companies’ environment in Moldova
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships
- Understanding of up-to-date marketing concepts and instruments, experience in effective dissemination of information to large and diverse groups would be a plus
- Experience in presenting to Boards and senior management teams is essential
- Management and supervisory experience related to managing complex business development teams
- Innovative/creative thinking and fresh ideas in management, marketing, and business development
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment and of range techniques and disciplines which will support the cost-effective generation of revenue
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently, with proven advocacy experience and exposure to various stakeholders in the business, public sector, educational institutions, or civil society
- Entrepreneurial mindset, highly self-motivated, and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Flexibility and adaptability, familiar with agile and new ways of working.
- Develops and regularly updates a comprehensive fund-raising business development strategy and detailed plan to achieve organizational sustainability and annual budget goals
- Produces and regularly updates a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography), actively identifies grant opportunities, and develops grant proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures
- Builds partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support
- Generates positive community awareness of the organization, its mission, and impact, and strengthens its brand and reputation with key donors, stakeholders, and government
- Coordinates the design and implementation of marketing campaigns and relevant events to achieve the goals of the organization, as well as design and maintenance of branding and promotion spaces (website, social media pages, community presence etc.)
- Identifies, selects, and manages providers and collaborators for the relevant activity
- Attracts, motivates and retains talent for the coordinated team.
Application procedure: Interested candidates shall submit CV and motivation letter, in English, by February 28, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The subject of the email will include the following information: Name/Surname/Business Development and Fundraising Director.