Women and Entrepreneurship: Impacts of Systemic Racism & Gender Inequality
Women and Entrepreneurship: How Systemic Racism & Gender Inequality has impacted advancement for women entrepreneurs.
Women are still putting in more work for less funding when looking at the number of VC meetings and the amount of money raised.
Dr. Aminah Pilgrim: Historian, Community Engaged Scholar, Author, Award Winning Educator and Speaker
Author of ” Systemic Racism 101: A Visual History of the Impact of Racism in America“
Darina Zaimova (Moderator) :
- Associate professor at Trakia University, Economic Faculty, Bulgaria
- Board President of the Go-Up Incubator
- Chief Social Impactor – Empowered 4X Co-Working Space & Business Accelerator (Canada)
- Brampton’s Top 40 Under 40 – Brampton Board of Trade
- Venture Partner, BlackTech Capital
Siv Sivertsen and Teddy Slavcheva:
- Co-Founders of Sooo. (Norway)
- Global digital media that will bring awareness and impact on topics related to sustainability.
- Founder and CEO of LorCan Technologies Inc. (Canada)
- CONNECT THE IMPOSSIBLE: LorCan revolutionizes remote area technology. Their fierce little device enables customers to access valuable data located in the most isolated regions.
Dr. Tugba Keskin-Gundogdu, Dr. Irem Deniz, Dr. Mine Güngörmüşler and Dr. G¨ozde Duman Tac:
- Co-Founders of HOPE Biotechnology Research and Development Inc. (Turkey)
- Valuable Bio-Product production from solid and gaseous wastes
- Founder and CEO of My Well Self
- On online decision making platform offering a directory of trusted health wellness and mental wellness providers by extended health benefits
ABOUT BLACKTECH CAPITAL:
BlackTech Ventures is a pre-seed fund in Toronto that invests in Black Entrepreneurs focused on CleanTech.
By focusing on Black Entrepreneurs in CleanTech, our impact is at the intersection of social responsibility and environmental initiatives.
ABOUT GO-UP BUSINESS E-INCUBATOR:
BUSINESS E-INCUBATOR GO-UP is established thanks to the joint collaboration of the Horizon Results Booster of the European Commission.
We are aiming to accelerate smart growth in Europe by facilitating: startup companies, cooperativism, social entrepreneurship, impact investment, youth agri-preneurship and venture-building across the whole agri-food value chain; creating smart, green jobs and intelligent employment opportunities for youth; and improving the regional framework of MSMEs development through the support and networking of local and regional partners in the public, private, civil-society and academic sectors.