Scope of Work: Startup Moldova Foundation
Job Description for Accountant | Part time
Startup Moldova Foundation is an organization accelerating the technological innovation in the Republic of Moldova by training, encouraging, but also by creating a favorable environment for the development of startups and tech innovative companies.
The Foundation aims at:
- Community: Supporting and empowering the community of startups and innovative companies in the Republic of Moldova through community programs, activities and events. Creating and executing a unified strategy to promote the startup community.
- Education: Implementing programs and initiatives to encourage and empower people who want or plan to become a startup founder or active promoter of technological innovations.
- Resources for startups: Empowering startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to achieve their goals: mentoring, tracking, operational training, facilitating partnerships, facilitating access to accounting services, legal assistance, thematic training, and others.
- Funding: Facilitating the access of startups and innovative companies to financing resources, their support and professional training in fundraising activities.
Job Title: Accountant | Part time
The accountant performs his/her functions based on the job description and part-time basis of employment (10-20 hours per week).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the appropriate bookkeeping and payroll calculation in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Moldova
- Ensuring all the necessary entries into the Foundation accounting registry
- Monitoring of cash flow
- Preparation of payroll and calculation of medical and social contributions. Preparation of pay-slips, social insurance forms, and income tax forms. Payment of social contribution and taxes
- Providing monthly, annual and on-demand financial reports upon the request of the Executive Director of the Foundation
- Assuring accurate tax reporting
- Bookkeeping of donor projects, presenting the requested reports to the Donors
- Drafting, controlling, and supervising Foundation’s budget
- Undertaking any other duties, as per financial needs of the institution
Accountant is reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience in accounting, financial management, budget organization, tax issues
- Experience in non-profit institutions accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of accounting software
- Strong ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Advanced levels of English and Romanian languages
- Strong sense of fairness and ethical principles
Place of performance:
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Period of performance:
April 2022 – April 2023, part-time
Deadline for applications:
April 8, 2022
If interested, please send your CV and explain your motivation to take this position to the email: email@example.com, not later than April 8, 2022. Please indicate in the email subject line: JOB APPLICATION Accountant.