Job Description for Business Development & Fundraising Manager | Full time
Startup Moldova Foundation is an organization with the mission to contribute to the economic growth and prosperity of the Republic of Moldova by developing the tech startup and digital innovation ecosystem.
The Foundation aims at:
- Supporting and empowering the community of Moldovan tech startups through community programs, activities, and events. Creating and executing a unified strategy to promote the startup community.
- Education: Implementing programs and initiatives to encourage and empower people who want or plan to become a startup founder or active promoter of technological innovations.
- Resources for startups: Empowering startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to achieve their goals: mentoring, tracking, operational training, facilitating partnerships, facilitating access to accounting services, legal assistance, thematic training, and others.
- Funding: Facilitating the access of startups and innovative companies to financing resources, their support and professional training in fundraising activities.
Job Title: Business Development & Fundraising Manager
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and regularly updates a comprehensive fundraising business development strategy and detailed plan to achieve organization sustainability and annual budget goals
- Builds partnerships and strategic alliances (by sector and geography), that will extend the organization’s brand in the community and increase avenues of support
- Produces and regularly updates a comprehensive mapping of all donor opportunities (by sector and geography), actively identifies grant opportunities, and develops grant proposals in line with agreed organizational procedures
- Generates positive community awareness of the organization, its mission and impact, and strengthens its brand and reputation with key private partners, donors, stakeholders, and government
- Identifies, selects, and manages providers and collaborators for the relevant activity
Business Development & Fundraising Manager is reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
No direct subordinates in the hiring plan of 2023. Cooperation lines with project assistant(s), communication manager.
- Three or more years management or successful entrepreneurial experience in business development, marketing and / or PR
- Experience of utilizing the strength of an organization brand for business development
- Strong fundraising or B2B business development background, with exposure to diverse sales / fund-raising channels and target groups; experience in development of an individual donor program including donor marketing is an advantage
- Understanding of the technology sector in Moldova and the start-up / micro-companies’ environment in Moldova
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships
- Understanding of up-to-date marketing concepts and instruments, experience in effective dissemination of information to large and diverse groups would be a plus
- Experience of presenting to Boards and senior management teams is essential
- Innovative / creative thinking and fresh ideas in management, marketing and business development
- Knowledge of the fundraising environment and of a range techniques and disciplines which will support the cost-effective generation of revenue
- Exceptionally convincing and persuasive written and oral skills with the ability to present and convey complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently, with proven advocacy experience and exposure to various stakeholders in business, public sector, educational institutions, or civil society
- Entrepreneurial mindset, highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions
- Flexibility and adaptability, familiar with agile and new ways of working
- Proficient level of both, English and Romanian languages.
Place of performance:
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Deadline for applications:
February 5, 2023
Expected start date:
March 1, 2023
If interested, please send your CV and explain your motivation to take this position to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than February 5, 2023. Please indicate in the email subject line: JOB APPLICATION Business Development Manager.