Startup Moldova is a private non-profit organization acting as an active enabler of the Moldovan startup and digital innovation ecosystem, a trustworthy partner and supporter of the startup community and individual startups. The mission of Startup Moldova is to empower technological startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to grow and scale, through international mobility programs, mentoring, facilitating partnerships and connection to investors, legal assistance, as well as community strengthening and matching programs.
The Foundation aims at:
- Community: Supporting and empowering the community of startups and innovative companies in the Republic of Moldova through community programs, activities and events. Creating and executing a unified strategy to promote the startup community.
- Resources for startups: Empowering startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to achieve their goals: mentoring, tracking, operational training, facilitating partnerships, facilitating access to accounting services, legal assistance, thematic training, and others.
- Funding: Facilitating the access of startups and innovative companies to financing resources, their support and professional training in fundraising activities.
Job Title: Community Coordinator
Basic Functions: Community Coordinator will perform its function on a full-time basis, being responsible for building, maintenance and development of relationships with Moldovan tech startups and coordinating community events.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for keeping the relationship with all Moldovan tech startups, understanding their needs and progress of product/service development.
- Coordinate projects aimed at strengthening and developing the Moldovan tech startups community, its connection to other local and international communities.
- Design and coordinate online and offline events aimed at strengthening and developing the Moldovan tech startups community (e.g. Startup Club, Startup Classes, Startup Moldova Summit, Pitch & Demo days, workshops, and others).
- Coordinating the work with the Communication Officer for the promotion of projects / activities on Community & Networks.
- Provides proactive feedback and solutions to develop the performance of communication and interaction between Startup Moldova and the local community of startups but also other actors of the ecosystem;
- Monitors and communicates information on external events, tenders, startup development projects which are of high interest to the startups;
- Periodically assess the current needs of the community and propose ideas for improving services / projects delivered for it.
The Community Coordinator is reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation
Requirements and qualifications:
- Proven work experience in planning and organizing offline and online events;
- Proven work experience in organizations/projects focused on community development will be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Fascinated by technological innovations, new trends in technology and human interaction;
- Energetic, open personality, with positive thinking and behavior, result-oriented;
- Fluent proficiency in both Romanian and English languages.
- Advanced skills in using digital platforms for planning, organization, teamwork relevant to the job (for example: Notion, Google drive, Microsoft Office, WordPress, etc.).
Place of performance:
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Period of performance:
Deadline for applications:
April 15, 2023
Expected start date:
May 1, 2023
If interested, please send your CV and a few sentences explaining: (1) Why are you a good fit for this position? (2) Why are you interested in working full-time at Startup Moldova?
Please send them to the email address: email@example.com Please indicate in the email subject line: JOB APPLICATION Community Coordinator.