Startup Moldova is a private non-profit organisation acting as an active enabler of the Moldovan startup and digital innovation ecosystem, a trustworthy partner and supporter of the startup community and individual startups. The mission of Startup Moldova is to empower technological startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to grow and scale, through international mobility programs, mentoring, facilitating partnerships and connection to investors, legal assistance, as well as community strengthening and matching programs.
The Foundation aims at:
- Community: Supporting and empowering the community of startups and innovative companies in the Republic of Moldova through community programs, activities and events. Creating and executing a unified strategy to promote the startup community.
- Resources for startups: Empowering startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to achieve their goals: mentoring, tracking, operational training, facilitating partnerships, facilitating access to accounting services, legal assistance, thematic training, and others.
- Funding: Facilitating the access of startups and innovative companies to financing resources, their support and professional training in fundraising activities.
Job Title: Communication Officer
Basic Functions: Communication Manager performs its functions based on the job description and employment contract, and will perform its function on a full-time basis.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements the Foundation’s Branding and Communication Strategy;
- Designs the communication and public relations plan in accordance with the objectives of the Foundation, its Branding and Communication Strategy and the annual activity plan;
- Ensures communication of Startup Moldova with the startup community;
- Ensures the local and international visibility of Startup Moldova;
- Develops and manages local and external communication campaigns;
- Initiates and maintains a continuous and constructive dialogue with local and international media institutions;
- Responsibility for selecting media channels, content and form of communication to achieve the objectives set. Ensures the consistency of external communication activities;
- Prepares and distributes articles, press releases, newsletters, blog on topics relevant to the startup ecosystem, related to technological innovations, Tech business, forecasts related to them, global opportunities, etc., in Romanian, English;
- Ensures the participation and management of the press in the events organized by Startup Moldova;
- Works closely with team members to ensure that the message communicated is consistent with the overall communication objectives;
- Participates in the preparation of internal reports and contributes to the presentation of the organization’s results in these reports;
- Copywriting of internal communication: grammatical correction and stylistic writing of important internal and external materials, activities or topics relevant to the target audience of Startup Moldova in Romanian and/or English;
- Develops and manages the content on the website of Startup Moldova Foundation;
- Manages aspects related to the visual identity of the organization;
- Responsible for the social media activities and the online presence of the Startup Moldova Foundation (Facebook, Instagram, Telegram, LinkedIn, Youtube, Medium, Twitter, etc.)
Communication Officer is reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Proven work experience in marketing, communication and a good knowledge of cooperation with media agencies (at least 2 years of experience);
- Proven work experience in conceptualizing and organizing communication campaigns at local and international level;
- Fluency in Romanian and English languages (including excellent copywriting skills in the 2 languages);
- Proven knowledge and skills of managing web pages and social networks;
- Ability to use software and online marketing and communication tools;
- Excellent research, presentation, copywriting, article preparation and press releases, communication and networking skills;
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, detail-oriented;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Fascinated by technological innovations, new trends in technology and human interaction;
- Energetic, open personality, with positive thinking and behavior, result-oriented.
Place of performance:
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. The position allows partial flexibility to work both in the office & remotely.
Period of performance:
Full time, 1 year contract with the possibility of further extension.
Deadline for applications:
October 30, 2022
If interested, please send your CV and a few sentences explaining: (1) Why are you a good fit for this position? (2) Why are you interested to work full-time for Startup Moldova Foundation?
Please send them to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the email subject line: JOB APPLICATION Communication Manager.