Scope of Work: Startup Moldova Foundation
Job Description for Legal Officer | Part time
Startup Moldova Foundation is an organization accelerating the technological innovation in the Republic of Moldova by training, encouraging, but also by creating a favorable environment for the development of startups and tech innovative companies.
The Foundation aims at:
- Community: Supporting and empowering the community of startups and innovative companies in the Republic of Moldova through community programs, activities and events. Creating and executing a unified strategy to promote the startup community.
- Education: Implementing programs and initiatives to encourage and empower people who want or plan to become a startup founder or active promoter of technological innovations.
- Resources for startups: Empowering startups and innovative companies with the necessary resources to achieve their goals: mentoring, tracking, operational training, facilitating partnerships, facilitating access to accounting services, legal assistance, thematic training, and others.
- Funding: Facilitating the access of startups and innovative companies to financing resources, their support and professional training in fundraising activities.
Job Title: Legal Officer | Part time
Legal Officer will perform his/her functions based on the job description and contract, on a part-time basis (10-20 hours per week).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, regularly review and maintain agreements with employees, governmental officials, CSOs, and international organizations
- Implement solid legal processes
- Provide Foundation’s management with excellent legal advice and recommendations on laws and regulations
- Assist the Foundation with necessary legal activities, as per Foundation needs
- Assist the Foundation with background checks of potential partners, to avoid any potential reputational risks or conflict of interest
- Develop and implement a Contract Management system at the Foundation
- Develop contract templates and other related documentation (termination of contract templates, memorandum templates, conflict of interest, NDA, etc.) according to the legislation of the Republic of Moldova and internal needs of the Foundation
- Ensure awareness of, and adherence to, applicable statutory and regulatory requirements
- Develop, review, and update internal compliance policies, procedures, and controls and/or provide legal guidance and analysis, where appropriate
- Take part in activities with partners, donors, and beneficiaries of the Foundation, as per Foundation needs
Legal Officer is reporting to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent analytical, investigation, negotiation, and legal skills
- Advanced levels of English and Romanian languages
- Strong sense of fairness and ethical principles
Place of performance:
Chisinau, Republic of Moldova
Period of performance:
April 2022 – April 2023, part-time
Deadline for applications:
April 8, 2022
If interested, please send your CV and explain your motivation to take this position to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than April 8, 2022. Please indicate in the email subject line: JOB APPLICATION Legal Officer.